CAPRW Head Start & Early Head Start is accepting applications for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. These programs provide comprehensive educational, health, nutritional, and other developmental services and supports through a variety of home-based and center-based options (at no cost to families) designed to prepare young children for success in school and life. Current program options consist of the following:
- Early Head Start—Home-based: Weekly home visits from a Family Support Specialist. Twice monthly Family Fun Events to help build relationships, learn skills, and have fun!
- Early Head Start—Center-based Infant (6 weeks-16 months): Small class sizes, full-year, Monday through Friday programming open 7:30-5:30. *Requires CCAP or Pathway 1 funding.
- Early Head Start—Center-based Toddler (16-36 months): Small class sizes, full-year, Monday through Friday programming open 7:30-5:30. *Requires CCAP or Pathway 1 funding.
- Head Start Preschool (3-5 years old): Part day (morning or afternoon) and Extended day (7.5 hours) Monday through Thursday. Bussing will be available to most families.
- Head Start Preschool Full-year (3-5 years old): Monday through Friday, centers are open for 10 to 10.5 hours each day. *Requires CCAP or Pathway 1 funding.
To learn more about CAPRW Head Start & Early Head Start, including: eligibility guidelines; program updates and assessments; required application documents and medical forms; funding options such as the Pathway 1 Scholarships and the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP); and how to enroll your child(ren), please visit our program webpage. You may all so call our Enrollment Hotline at 651-603-5977 for additional assistance. Online applications are available in English and Spanish, while in-person or mail-in applications are available for submission in English, Hmong, Somali, and Spanish.
We also invite everyone to view this short video on Head Start and Early Head Start’s Whole Family Approach to services.