Skip to main content

About Us



  • Is my gift tax deductible?

    Yes. Most charitable donations are tax-deductible. Please speak with your tax-advisor for more details.

  • Will I receive a receipt for my donation?

    Yes. You will automatically receive an electronic receipt sent the email address you provided at the time of donation.

  • What will appear on my credit card?

    Your bank statement will show that a payment was made in the amount you selected to Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties.

  • Is my transaction secure?

    Yes. Your transaction will be private and secure.

  • Can I donate by check?

    Yes. You can send a check made payable to Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties to:
    Community Action Partnership of Ramsey & Washington Counties
    450 Syndicate Street North
    St. Paul, MN 55104

  • Can I donate stock?

    Yes. Please consult your financial advisor for details.

  • Does Community Action participate workplace giving and matching?

    Yes. Community Action is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit. Our Federal tax ID number is: #41-0883443. Contact your employer for more details.

  • How can I contact you?

    You can call us at 645-645-6445 or email us at

Energy Assistance

  • Why is my Energy Assistance grant split into multiple payments?

    The goal of Energy Assistance is to help lower your bills during the winter months when heating costs are highest. Grants are generally split into more than one payment to make heating bills more affordable.

  • I am self-employed, what do I need to submit as proof of my income?

    If you are self-employed, you will need to submit a copy of your federal tax return and schedules for the previous year. If you did not file self-employed taxes for the previous year, you will need to request a self-employed work-sheet from our office.

  • I have been laid-off of my job. How do I show proof of unemployment benefits income?

    You may obtain a print out of your unemployment benefits from their website. To log-in, you must know your Social Security number and PIN, which was mailed to you. Click on “Payment History” and enter the date range for the month requested. Once printed, make sure you put your name and Social Security number on it. If there are any amounts on deductions, please click on the blue dollar-amount and print that too, so we know what was also deducted. Remember, we only look at gross income.

  • If I provided copies of my income when I applied last season, do I still need to provide current proof of income even though I make the same amount?

    Yes. We require current proof of income each season you apply. Income may vary depending the months.

  • The application asks if I would like 30% of my grant to be sent to my electric company, and I’m not sure what to check.

    Most people will have the same vender for both heat and electric. This question only applies to those who go through a separate company for their electric. If you do not have two separate vendors, you do not need to answer this question.

Energy Conservation

  • What is Weatherization?

    Weatherization improvements are made to a home to help conserve energy, maintain temperature, and provide a safe and healthy living environment. Community Action’s Energy Conservation Program provides homeowners and renters on fixed or low-incomes with free home energy upgrades necessary to help lower their monthly energy bills, and decrease their carbon footprint on the environment.


  • Where can I volunteer?

    Volunteers help with Head Start preschools & Early Head Start, various offices, and several advocacy programs. There are several locations available, mostly in St. Paul and one in New Brighton, MN.

  • Who can volunteer?

    We value individuals who are excited to learn new things and are willing to commit both time and effort to help others. We invite groups of any size or age to volunteer with us.

  • Are there age restrictions?

    It depends upon the position. Kit Collection is open to any age. Playground Clean-Up requires that youth under the age of 18 are accompanied by an adult. All ongoing positions and internships require age 18+.

  • What is the individual volunteer intake process?

    Every volunteer completes an Individual Registration Form. Once the Volunteer Department receives your registration, we will contact you to set up an informational meeting. The informational meeting is method for us to get to know you and your interests. It may take a couple weeks to process the registration form. If you are accepted as a volunteer, you will schedule an orientation with your supervisor.

  • What if I am leading a group?

    Complete a Group Registration Form and send to the Volunteer Department. We’ll discuss the project that your group is interested in accomplishing. If it is a good match, you will be connected with the staff person coordinating the project. Please register at least one month in advance because our opportunities do get filled. It is important to document the number of people and time spent on the project done by your group.

  • How much of a time commitment is expected?

    Some of the opportunities are one-time like Kit Collection or Playground-Yard Clean-up. Most positions are ongoing with the expectation of several hours per month for at least a couple months. You will determine the schedule with your supervisor. We appreciate people who are capable of continuous volunteering to serve our participants.

  • Do I get paid?

    No, but there are many non-monetary benefits! (Please review the next question)

  • What are the benefits to volunteering?

    There are great opportunities for getting involved in your community, meeting new people, feeling good about helping others, professional networking, career exploration and gaining valuable skills. Volunteers also receive free parking at their volunteer site during their shift.

Our Impact This Year

  • People Who Received Utility Bill Assistance


  • Children Enrolled in Head Start & Early Head Start


  • People Whose Utility Bills Were Lowered Through Home Weatherization


  • Workers Provided with Transportation Support Including Vehicle Loans, Repair Grants, and Transit Passes


© 2024 Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties

Powered by Firespring