City of New Brighton Residents: Rental and Mortgage Assistance Available
Grants are available to help City of New Brighton residents who have experienced a loss of income related to the COVID-19 pandemic pay past due mortgage or rent.
DON'T WAIT - GET HELP NOW. While evictions are on hold until December 31, 2020, you are still responsible for paying your rent. Apply today for grants to cover your past due mortgage or rent. Grant funds are limited. Waiting could put your housing at risk.
Caawinaad af-soomaali ah, fadlan soo wac 651-999-5737.
Yog koj xav tau kev pab hais lus Hmoob, hu rau 651-999-5737.
For all other languages, on-demand phone interpreters are available, please call 651-999-5737.
Households may receive up to $6,000.
Assistance helps pay for:
- Past due rent or mortgage payments (applicants must have a past due balance at time of application).
- Experienced a loss of income due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Current household income (AND prior to loss of income) is at or below 400% of the federal poverty guideline ($104,800/4-person household).
- Denied relief from their mortgage lender or landlord.
- Have a past due rent or mortgage balance occurring after April 1, 2020.
- Households served on a first come-first served basis.
- Application deadline is October 30, 2020.
How Do I Apply?
Complete the COVID-19 Relief Assistance Application and either:
- Email the application and required documentation to CAPCares@caprw.org.
- Fax the application and required documentation to 651-365-2386.
- Mail the application and required documentation to: Community Action, 450 Syndicate Street North, Attn: New Brighton Relief Program, Suite 122, Saint Paul, MN 55104.
Questions: Call Community Action at 651-999-5737.
Click the link below to download the application: