Skip to main content

Get Assistance

Get Assistance through One of Our Services

Community Action offers a variety of services to help meet the immediate needs of people living in Ramsey and Washington counties. Learn how we can help you pay your heat  bills, keep your home safe and warm, access Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, get your home weatherized, and apply for a car loan.


Energy Assistance

Do you have trouble paying your energy bills?  Have you received a utility shut off notice?  Our Assistance Department can help.

To find out more about Energy bill assistance, eligibility guidelines, and how to apply please call 651-645-6470.

Click here for more information and to access our Energy bill assistance application.


Emergency Furnace and Boiler Services

If you are without heat or have an unsafe heating system during the coldest months of the year we can assist. All homeowners who qualify for Energy Assistance support also qualify for a free system evaluation by a trained technician to determine if repair or replacement is necessary. In some cases, we make referrals to other agencies who may be able to help. 

To discuss Emergency Furnace and Boiler Services, please call 651-645-6470.

Click here for more information about Emergency Furnace and Boiler Services.

Food Support

Does your family struggle to manage the cost of groceries?  We offer food support through SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)?

Call us today at 651-603-5883 or email us at for a free eligibility screening and application assistance. 

Click here for more information about Food Support at Community Action.

Energy Conservation & Weatherization

Are you wondering how to keep your home warm during Minnesota’s coldest months, comfortable during the hottest months, and safe all year round? Homeowners who qualify for Energy Assistance support are eligible for a home energy audit which may even help lower your monthly utility bills.

Call us today at 651-482-8260 to discuss if an energy audit and insulation, or water heater evaluation are right for you. 

Click here for more information and to see if you are eligible for weatherization services.

Affordable Housing

Do you need affordable housing? Community Action understands there is a housing crisis in the Twin Cities, so to help address this problem we offer: 

  • Rapid Re-Housing for single adults experiencing homelessness 
  • Rental units in small, multi-family properties located in both Washington and Ramsey Counties

Click here for more information about our Affordable Housing services.

Car Ownership

Are you working but still having trouble purchasing a car so you can get to work or school, get around town, or access health care? Community Action offers low-income working people low interest car loans up to $6,000 and guidance through the purchase process. 

Call us today at 651-603-5880 to see if you pre-qualify. 

Click here for more information about the loan qualification process. 

Our Impact This Year

  • People Who Received Utility Bill Assistance


  • Children Enrolled in Head Start & Early Head Start


  • People Whose Utility Bills Were Lowered Through Home Weatherization


  • Workers Provided with Transportation Support Including Vehicle Loans, Repair Grants, and Transit Passes


© 2024 Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties

Powered by Firespring