Skip to main content


BLOG: Working Together

Should I Use the Non-Filers Portal?

In order to clear up any confusion as to who should use the Non-Filers portal to ensure that they receive their Economic Impact Payment, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is providing the following information. 

If you meet ALL of the requirements listed below, please use this portal:

1) You are a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident.

2) Your gross annual income for 2019 did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples).

3) You did not file a tax return for 2018 or 2019 and were otherwise not required to file a federal income tax return for 2019.

To provide further assistance and address any additional related questions, the IRS has created a specific webpage that highlights a series of possible scenarios to let people know exactly when they should use the Non-Filers portal tool.

The IRS has also announced that after coordination between the Treasury Department, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), and the Bureau of Fiscal Services, that all VA beneficiaries will now receive their $1,200 Economic Impact Payment automatically without having to file any additional paperwork.

However, VA recipients, as well as those that receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI), still need to register each qualifying child (defined as a dependent under 17 years of age with a social security number), by using the Non-Filers portal at VA and SSI beneficiaries are encouraged to do this as soon as possible before a deadline is implemented (possibly in early May). For every eligible child VA and SSI beneficiaries will receive an additional $500 to your Economic Impact Payment.

For any additional information regarding Economic Impact Payments, please visit the IRS payment information center or Community Action’s own dedicated webpage at

Our Impact This Year

  • People Who Received Utility Bill Assistance


  • Children Enrolled in Head Start & Early Head Start


  • People Whose Utility Bills Were Lowered Through Home Weatherization


  • Workers Provided with Transportation Support Including Vehicle Loans, Repair Grants, and Transit Passes


© 2023 Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington Counties

Powered by Firespring