Reducing the Cost Burden of Transportation
The Car Repair Grant offers financial help to households who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and are in need of car repairs or maintenance. We provide one-time grants to households who rely on their car to continue working, attend school, or support their families.
Approved households are required to get an estimate from their preferred mechanic and pay for the estimate. Grants are paid directly to the vendor who repairs the car.
For more information about Community Action’s Car Repair Program, please call us at 651-603-5880 and select 5.
To apply online, click here.
Am I Eligible?
Community Action will require you to go through an interview process, and you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live in Ramsey or Washington County
- Be working or job searching
- Have a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Provide proof of car insurance and ownership
- Car must be less than 15-years old
- Household income is at or belowf 200% of the federal poverty guidelines