Reducing the Cost Burden of Transportation
Due to a large demand, we have temporarily closed the application. Please check back for updates.
The Car Repair Grant offers help to households who have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and are in need of car repairs or maintenance. We provide one-time grants to households who rely on their car to continue working or to get back into the workforce.
Households who have been approved for a car repair grant will be required to get an estimate from their preferred auto repair shop and pay for the estimate. Once the estimate is approved and all required paperwork submitted, repairs can be completed and grant funds of up to $1,000 will be paid directly to the auto repair shop.
Am I Eligible?
Community Action will require you to go through an interview process, and you must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live in Ramsey or Washington County
- Be working or job searching
- Have a valid Minnesota driver’s license
- Provide proof of car insurance and ownership
- Car must be less than 15-years old
- Household income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guideline
- Household has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.